Monday, September 11, 2006

What Do Your Remember? 9/11/2006




My thoughts for today, 9/11/2006

I remember I was in the car when the news came on saying a plane had hit the WTC tower. I remember thinking that it must have been a small plane that lost control. I remember taking a 5 month old Danny into Target to visit my old coworkers. They were all listening to the radio and that is when I found out that it had been a large passenger plane.
I remember coming home and finding that Doug had been home from college and turned the TV on and then had to go back. I remember watching the coverage and watching the second plane hit the other tower. I remember being worried about Ed and hitting the speed dial and actually getting thru. I remember Ed telling me that he was on the roof of his school and he could see the smoke. I remember being relieved to be able to tell my family that I had talked to him, because right after I got off the phone with him, all circuits were busy and it was impossible to get a hold of him for a while. I remember sitting in front of the TV for hours, days, hoping to hear something good. I remember thinking,"This is the end. This is war."
Today, I remembered to pray for those families who lost family members and friends. Today, I remembered to pray for my children today. What do you remember?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi - sorry I don't get on more often - I remember having just dropped my husband off at the airport in TN and hearing the news on the radio after I finally turned off the cd. I remember wondering WHY all the traffic was so weird on the way to the airport. I remember not having any idea who to call or what to do. I remember being so relieved to get a hold of Joe's boss in MI and doubly so when he called me back to say that Joe couldn't get through to me.... but had asked hime to call me back.