Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tuesday News


Not too much today, mostly because I wrote this out already and then I lost it all. Kali and I went shopping yesterday after Danny went to school. She helped so it took a little longer and we weren't able to get everything we needed. Last night, while I was at the library, Danny found some nail polish and I really have no idea how he got it. He managed to only get it on his face and a tiny bit on one of my old shirts. The nail polish is clear with red heart confetti in it. The bottle didn't even dump. We were relieved the damage wasn't worse.
This morning Kali and I were headed back to Wal0mart to finish out shopping. I was brushing her hair, which is alway an ordeal. I found what I thought was food in her hair, a common occurence but it turned out to be......yep, you guessed it, nail polish! I grabbed a fine tooth comb and the scissors. Most of the nail polish seemed to be in the same spot that Danny cut a month ago. Wonder what he was thinking when he put the nail polish on her head? I found myself thinking of my mother and the many times she ahd to cut gum out of my hair and how my daughter was ending up much like her mother, although I don't think it was her fault. I did not have to cut it out ofher hair. The dried nail polish crunch up a little and then I was able to pull it out of her hair with out any problem or pain.
While finishing up our grocery shopping that we didn't finish yesterday,I also got some clothes for the kids. Danny got paid for participating in the TEACCH program this past June and the check came last week. I was able to get 4 pairs of pants for him and about 4 shirts. I got Kali some clothes too but not as much. She got a new outfit for church plus some long sleeved t-shirts and some tights and two belts. Both kids got rain parkas. I also got a new floor lamp for the living room since the kids broke the nob off the old one. I got a cheap one. Doug and I figure we wont be able to get nice stuff for quite a while. I got a couple new sheets for the kid's beds too.
Tomorrow is Kali birthday. She and I will be making cookies for her to take to her first night of AWANA Cubbies Club. Since it is her birthday, she is supposed to provide the snack. She and I will also spend some time looking at the pictures of her birth. The kids love looking at pictures and I usually take the time on their birthdays to remember the precious gifts God gave us in our children. We will have a big family party sometime in October when things slow down.
I will try to add a picture of Kali from the day she was born. I kow Red is hard to see on the black back ground but Kali has been talking about a "RED" birthday for a month. I am not sure what she means but I decided to make this red in her honor.

No comments: