Monday, September 04, 2006

We're Back

Hello Everyone. Kali and I got home at about 11 AM this morning from our weekend in PA. It was a good time. Kali and I headed to Mom and Dad's Friday evening. Joe and Melody and the boys got in a little while after us. We put the kids down for the night and discussed arrangements and times for leaving the next day. Mom and Dad left at 7:30 but we didn't get out the door until 10:30 and we had a few stops to make. It wasn't too bad of a trip. The three kids did pretty good. Joah was happy and sad on and off throughout the trip but Nathan was good for pretty much the whole trip. The boys napped and waking up from the naps was a little loud for the rest of us. Kali didn't fall asleep until we were about an hour away from Tina's house. She didn't sleep for very long. The road was hilly and rather bumpy. It was great to get to Tina's house. Supper was on the table when we got there and we all sat down and ate. We were introduced to everyone while moving around and getting kids fed. It wasn't long before we were starting to get the kids ready for bed. Ed and Tina took Melody and Joe and the boys over to the house where they were spending the night. I got Kali into bed and then went downstairs and joined the parents in their conversation. It was fun to hear their thoughts and feelings about Ed and Tina's relationship and to hear fun stories about their family. There was talk about having babies and our experiences and fears amongst the ladies. Everyone got settled in for the night by 10:30 or so, I think. I was up a little later but that was my choice. We were up early and ready for church on time and headed out. After church, we went home and had lunch and then got back in the car for the bridal shower. There was food first and then Tina went right into opening gifts. There was a fun little game at the end where three volunteers had to put Tina's makeup on for her with their eyes closed. Ed and Tina and Melanie got a lot of nice stuff and the shower went very well. We helped to load up the gifts into Tina's van and Ed's car and then headed back to Tina's house. Joe and Melody decided to leave after the shower so when we got back to the house I concentrated on finishing up the packing and gathering all our stuff together. Joe had most of it in the car since I had put most of it together at lunch time. We left Tina's about 6:54 PM. We stopped not long after wen left so that the adults and Kali could eat. Joe and Melody had fed the boys earlier since that is what the boys are used to. We also made a stop at a gas station to fill up and for me to pick up some Dramamine. I was very thankful for that stop. I was surprised at how well the Dramamine helped. The kids watched a movie. We made one more stop for Melody to feed Joah and Kali and I to go to the bathroom. Kali went to sleep not long after getting back into the car. Neither Kali or Nathan had napped so they were good and tired. The kids slept most of the way home. (Home being Grammie and PaPa's house.) Joah woke up about 40 minutes from home and Melody and I changed places so she could feed Joah. We stopped for gas about 25 minutes from home and by then the other two kids were up too. They were good for the end of the trip. We got home, I think it was a little after midnight. We put the kids down for the night and then all went to bed. Kali and I slept straight thru until 8:30 with no disturbances. When we got up I got dressed and got Kali dressed and then loaded the car. We were out the door by 9:30. I stopped for gas and a little food for the two of us. Kali had some dry cereal before we left but not very much. We were back here at 11 AM. Doug just left for the Great Geauga County Fair. He hand't been able to go while Kali and I were gone so he went over today. It is a nice day so that is good.
I took the kids over to the Fair Friday morning with my friend Robin. We looked at most of the animals and then I let the kids play on some big Inflatables. They had fun and of course, I got them fries. I had an elephant ear and some diet coke.
Doug's parents are coming over for dinner. For those of you who know them, they are packing because they are moving in 2 weeks. We are so excited about this. They have been looking for a house to buy for two years now, maybe three. This house that they are moving into is only a rental but right now, anything will be better then the apartment that they live in.
Danny starts school tomorrow. I work most of the week to finish up my training. Please pray for us this week. It will be a very hectic week and with Danny starting school and me starting a new job everyone will have some hard adjustments to make, especially Danny. I will try to get on every day to let you all know how things are going. I may not be adding too many pictures though. I got a few at the shower but not as many as I wanted. Hope you all had a good weekend too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading! Keep writing!