Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fail....

I've neglected my Bible reading the last few days and man, can I tell!!! Going back to Philippians.
there are so many parts and pieces of Philippians that I like. The first thing Paul says in chapter 3 is "May the Lord give you joy." I want that joy and it is within my grasp. However, I often find that I am sad, depressed stressed or frustrated. After a while I realize that it is my own fault for feeling this way because I am not seeking the Lord and HE is true joy and from Him comes true joy. I also LOVE further down in chapter 3, starting at verse 7 it talks about how Paul thought all the stuff he had talked about was important but how he now considers them worthless. And then he talks about the fact that he has thrown everything else away, because it is all garbage and he does it so that he can have Jesus Christ. HE uses that words "so that" at least, that is what my version of the Bible says and it struck me as this...In order to have Christ in my life, I have to make room for him and there for, I have to get rid of the garbage. Now, being a Preacher's Kid (PK) I have heard this all my life, but not necessarily in this way. God wants ALL or NOTHING! IN order for Him to have ALL, we have to get rid of everything else. I struggle with this. I can't say that I give God ALL. Especially when it comes to my time. I am quite selfish with my time, even with my own family. I want time alone, I want to go shopping so I can be alone, I want to go out with MY friends and I don't spend nearly as much time with my family as maybe I should. But then, I do spend A LOT of time with my family in, fact, I spend most of my time with my family or at least doing what I can to take care of them. Laundry, school, cooking, cleaning, etc....I think sometimes my mentality is this, "See all this that I do for you? I think I deserve some time for myself." BIG HUGE FAT LIE!!! IS that what Christ did? Well, I have spent this time with you on earth and I have taught you some good stuff and I have spent a few years with you, so now it is time for me to think about myself. I'm going back to heaven now. See you later." Wow! Can you imagine what this life would be like if Jesus had done that? I find so much comfort in the fact that Jesus loves me and has taken away the punishment of all that selfishness and HE still loves me that if I didn't have that, I can tell you right now, I would at the very least, be depressed, if not so far gone that I felt like taking my own life. So now, I need to figure out how to throw all the stuff that doesn't count, away so that JEsus can fell up my life. I need to stop thinking that I am entitled to everything. I am entitled to nothing but death and despair. Thank you Father for giving me hope!!!

No comments: