Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Diet Coke is.....

...my drug of choice. I love it and am rather addicted to it. I have tried to stop drinking it in the past. One of the last times I did, I realized that I went through about a 3 day withdrawal. I got very cranky, despondent and depressed. I have recently been working on stopping again but in order to combat the withdrawal, I have drunk coffee in the mornings. Well, this morning, I drank the last of the coffee in the house and the last of the creamer. The last two weeks I have permitted myself Diet Coke, only on the weekends but starting now, I am going to see if I can go without any caffeine except maybe some hot chocolate and see how that goes. There are moments when I crave it and actually, anything carbonated helps settle that craving but there are times when all I want is to chug a can of DC. As much as I TRULY enjoy Diet Coke, I am going to do my best to kick this habit and make it a once in a while, special occasion only, treat.

No comments: