Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Weekend plus....

Our weekend was busy. We had fun at the Fair on Thursday and went through all the barns and learned about the animals and what they eat and how to take care of them.
Friday we spent the day doing our school work and then going for a walk. The kids spent the evening at their Grandparents and Doug and I went out. It was a nice day. Saturday, I went to Lowellville for a wedding of a childhood friend and neighbor. The kids spent the afternoon with their Aunt at the Fair and Doug spent some time at the Fair with his camera but met up with his sister and the kids and brought them home. I didn't get home until after 11 PM. church was normal. No evening service though.
Monday my mother came up in the morning and she and I went over to the fair for a few hours. We wondered around and looked at the exhibits and looked for some good food. We came home for about an hour. Momma napped and then we grabbed the kids and walked back over looking for another person from Lowellville who was working a booth. After searching all morning for him we finally found the booth he was supposed to be working only to find out that he wasn't working that day. Oh well. Next time.
Today has been a trial. I was up late last night so I made the decision not to stay up when Doug left for work. I know that if I am short in sleep, my temper and patience run thin. We started school before 9 AM though. We were through two lessons when i had to stop and log on to an Online session with the Administrator. I settled the kids in front of Blues Clues and got myself ready. I waited and waited and waited with no sessions coming up for me to join. I finally called the school and got through to our teacher who told me that they had just finished the session. when I told her that I had been logged on the whole time and was never able to join the session, she was a little worried. Only 5 parents were able to join the session and again, it didn't go very well. I guess they will try again sometime soon.
When I was done trying to find the session, I got the kids back to the table and went back to the school lessons. Not long after that, it was lunch time. We still have to finish our Language Arts lesson, which has taken about 2 hours already and we have Social Studies left. It just seems like everything kept happening to slow us down today. My house is a disaster, supper is not even a thought in my head and my husband is due home in an hour! AHHHHHHHHHHHH
I hope things get better. Please continue to pray for us. the kids have small concentration abilities and Daniel's comprehensions is very limited. It makes for a very frustrating time.
I will try to keep you all updated but my time is very limited and my on-line activities will be what gets neglected.
I would love to hear from any of you.

No comments: