Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Today was better

Hello all. After only 5 hours of sleep I got up and decided to face the day. I was able to get in my exercise and Bible reading, breakfast, a cup of Hot Cocoa, and some cleaning before the kids got up. Once they did, I was ready for them to eat breakfast and jump right into school. It went better today. I was more prepared. I still have no idea how to get Daniel to focus and comprehend what I am telling him. It is a constant battle. After telling him something, a minute later, he can't tell me what I just told him.
We were done with school by quiet time. When the kids went down, I finished folding my laundry while watching a movie. It was the only thing I could think of that might keep me awake. It worked. Supper is over and Doug is headed to Prayer Meeting. The kids and I need an early night so we stayed home. I still need to log the kids hours and look over tomorrow's lesson plans. Hopefully nothing new. I think that when we start new concepts, it will be a longer day for us.
I also think that doing school away from home wont be as easy as I had hoped. Mostly because we would have to travel with enough stuff to fill a suitcase. Maybe when all the curriculum finally gets here it might make it a little easier but for now, I have to do way to much just to be ready for the next day.
I am going to let the kids relax in front of a movie for a little while and I will do the same, although I will be finishing up my house work and not relaxing while I watch.
That is all for today! If I can find them, I will upload some new pictures. Probably tomorrow or soon after.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. We love you and you will do just fine.
Well, lots has been going on. I don't know if you heard about my pre-term labor. I had 7 strong back hurting contractions in 45 min. I started going into pre-term labor on labor day--no that is not very funny (labor on labor day--haha, someone said it was funny). So we went to the ER and then I went straight to the maternity floor--by then I was having contractions every three min. They gave me a shot of brethine to stop the labor or at least keep it at bay. Now I am on that same med. orally every four hrs. and a relaxer every eight hours. So I spent the night there cause I was still having really strong contractions and they wanted to keep an eye on baby and make sure the med would really do the job. Steve came back to sleep at home with Scott. While we were at the hospital he was with some friend of ours here and he played outside with Cohen and Wes (other friends). So, I'm basically on bed rest. Thankfully I'm NOT on complete bed rest. My cervix is really soft and I'm dilated at least a centimeter. We have an ultrasound tomorrow. My midwife wants the baby to stay put for at least another 3 weeks. We're really not sure how we're going to get through this. But God is so good to us and is taking good care of us. Steve is way cooler then superman and he's done laundry and dishes and picking up the house, putting Scott down in his bed, and giving him baths and everything. Tomorrow while we go to town for the ultrasound Scott will go to Cohen and Wes' house to play and nap. Katrina has been a great help (their mom) so has Denise (Andrew, Steve's new boss' wife). My Mom arrived to the USA this morning and she plans on coming soon. She will come as soon as I give her the green light. Until then she'll be visiting my grandmas and getting settled.
Just thought I'd let you know what's going on.
~Evie 4 the 4 of us;-)