Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Busy,Busy, Busy! Again!

WOW! This past weekend was CRAZY!!!! It was supposed to be a slow weekend. the only one we are going to be home for this month however, I had to clean for a sleepover I was having, Doug helped, thank goodness. I also baked for the pot-luck at out church. Doug and I were scheduled to do Junior Church on Sunday so we had to come up with a craft and pictures to color and a snack. After we came up with our ideas for both the snack and craft, I had to do the shopping. once that was done, Doug had to do a small bit of work and then I put together small bags with the craft pieces in them. I did 35 units. I also put together the snack in the same way. I got in a walk that evening too. I also showered the kids. Sunday morning, I woke up with a sore throat and swollen glands. My Sunday was busier still. I was asked to sing for Sunday school. As you can imagine, swollen glands and a sore throat aren't condusive to singing. I didn't sleep good for the 4 hours that I did sleep and then I was up around 5 AM. I was able to doze in the chair for a while before the kids got up. I also made myself a cup of hot tea loaded with honey and lemon. I HATE THIS but it does wonders for a sore throat and by the time I got the kids up, I was able practice my song, although I couldn't sing loud. Because of the pot luck going on at church, I had been told that the adult sunday school class was going to be in the sanctuary. Since the Worship team usually practices before Sunday Schol I figured I would have to be at church extra early in order to go over my song. I got to church and found that Sunday School had been moved back to where it usually is in the Fellowship hall. I was still able to practice but I didn't need to be at church quite so early. this is okay though. I took a cup of my special tea with me to keep my throat in good condition. So I sang at the end of Sunday School. Because of the song, I decided that I wanted to sing out of sight of everyone so that they could focus on the words that were being sung, not the person singing them. This made it really nice. I think more Special music should be done this way. People wouldn't worry so much about how they looked and concentrate more on singing well and clearly. So, After Sunday School, I made juice to go along with our snakc and then wen to set up a room for Junior church. Junior church is also usually done in the Fellowship hall but was moved because of the pot-luck. this did not change. However the alternate place for Junior Church is usually the basement but because of resent flooding, the basement had been torn up and nothing was ready for us and 25 kids. So we took over a classroom. The kids were dismissed and we had a about 27 kids. It was a small room and this made it loud. As it turns out, not only was Danny there who has a hard time with loud noises. there was at least one other child with noise issues. I think he is Autistic too but I am not sure. I felt sorry for him. Danny made his prblem known and then dealt with it. this other child didn't deal with it quite so well. So we got through Junior Church without any major problems. Doug did the story. I did songs and we taught some of the signs for them songs as well. After Junior churhc was the pot-luck. I went through first and got the kids situated with their food and then got back in line for my own food. By this time, I was flagging, big time. After eating and visiting a little with the church family, I grabbed the kids and headed home. Doug had a meeting and then he was headed up to his father's church to preach for their evening service. Our church had an afternoon service, which we didn't stay for. I got home and put the kids down for quiet time and then took a two hour nap myself. I got up and started getting ready for the arrival of 6 girls who were sleeping over. I baked a few more pizza crusts so that my family could ahve pizza as well as the girls. I also made brownies and cleaned up the kitchen. The girls were all supposed to bring a favorite topping for the pizza, a snack to share and something to drink. I was going to provide the pizza crust, sauce and cheese. Well, I didn't have enough cheese. When Doug got home I sent him out to get more cheese and paper plates. One of the girls showed up a little after 7. The rest of the girls didn't get here until between 8:30 and 9 PM. The kids kept us entertained while we waited for the other girls to arrive. once they did, they made their pizzas and opened their snacks, which was mostly candy! We arranged the TV so it was visible to all and then started a movie. Movies was all the girls did all night. I went to bed at 2 AM, unable to keep my eyes open any longer. When Doug got up at 5 AM they were still up and watching a movie. They were kind enough to take care of an issue with Danny that came up in the middle of the night that I didn't hear.Some of the girls were picked up around 10:30. Thankfully they all got some breakfast before they left. The rest of the girls left around 11 AM. The rest of my Monday was spent in a daze as I was still so tired. Today the kids went to do school at Beth's. I worked on getting the computers ready for school. Doug finally got the computers hooked up to the internet. We ahd to log in before the enrollment process was finished so I did that this morning. Now I have to wait to hear from the children's online teacher who will walk me though the rest of everything in order to be ready for school by August 27. Which is this coming Monday. The down side of this is that the kids and I were supposed to go to Columbus on Thursday and stay until Saturday. Depending on when we hear from the teacher and I get everything ready for school, we sill still try and get a short visit in but I am going to be majorly stressed!!! Sunday Morning I am supposed to sing with the worship team so I will need to be at church early again. Hopefully it will be a more relaxed day.Our September is starting to shape up into a very busy month as well. On the 1st, I have a wedding to attend with my mother. The 8th is a personal shower for the bride of the wedding I am in. the 22nd is the Curtis Family reunion. You can pray for us on ths day as it will be a bitterseet day for us. My father is the one who reinstated these reunions. He wouldn't have been happy if we decided not to have one this year. Unfortunately it was hard to schedule this year so it is later in the year then usual. It was kind of nice though because, in order to get it scheduled, we had a lot of e-mail traffic from the family to figure things out and to plan for future reunions. I am scheduled to sing with the Worship team two Sundays in September and who knows what will land on our schedule between now and then end of September. Well, I think I have caught you all up on the goings on at our house.

No comments: