Monday, August 13, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

Hey All,
We finally got both computers and Doug has them set up. We couldn't connect them to the internet though so I had to call and see what they told us to do. Doug figured we would have to get a router in order to connect all three computers to the internet. That is what the school told me but they don't provide that so we have to buy one. I think they should provide it since we only need it when we have the school computers but oh well.
Doug's birthday was very nice. The kids and I decorated the house and I cleaned all day last Monday. I cooked a nice meal and made Carrot cake, which Doug loves. When he came home from work, the kids hid under the table and when he opened the door, they yelled "SURPRISE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" He was THRILLED with this reception. He had to run out to the DMV and renew not only his licence but also the tags on both cars. On Thursday we went to Doug's parents house for a birthday dinner with his family too. We had steak and potato casserole, green beans, corn on the cob, salad and I made a double chocolate Pumpkin cheesecake. The cheese cake took forever to make but it was worth it. It was better then I ever imagined, if I do say so myself.
I had invited Momma to come too but she had just gotten back from her vacation and was tired. She also had to unpack the car and return it to the rental place. When she got her car back she found that it needed to go into the garage. So, her plans for Friday, which had been to run a lot of errands and maybe come up here to see Grandma and Grandpa and us too fell through. I called her Friday morning and asked if we could come visit her since she couldn't come see us. She was thrilled to have us visit. When I got there I had her hop in the car and we went to the Market for lunch. (Ask if you don't know what I am talking about.) when we got home We read some e-mail about a project Mom is thinking about starting and then just kind of hung out for the afternoon. The kids played really well. I called Doug and he said we didn't have to rush home so we ate dinner with Mom and then headed home. I made a stop to see a friend's mother and chatted with her for a few minutes and then I had to stop to get gas. I also had to go the long way home since two roads that I usually take are closed for construction for a while. So I also stopped by the Johnson's to say Hi and say goodbye to their son who was headed back to Cedarville for the school year. I stayed for a while and visited with them too.
The kids and I got home around 8 PM. I got them ready for bed and then we did devotions and put them down. After they were in bed, I decided to go out for a walk. On my walk I met up with family friends and chatted with them for a while. It was a nice evening. Until I remembered that I had to go and buy a birthday gift for a party that the kids and I were going to on Saturday morning. while at Walmart I ran into a lady from church who is moving tomorrow and we talked for about 40 minutes in the parking lot. I was home late!!! I had to stay up even later to wrap the gift and get things ready for Saturday. Not only was there a birthday party but our church was having a picnic that we were going to go to as well.
the kids and I went to the party and we had a good time. It was at Lake County Metro Parks Farmpark which is basically a large farm. They have tons of animals and PONY RIDES!!1 The kids were excited about this. I didn't think that Danny would want to get on the pony but he climbed right on and rode around without any fear. I think it helped to see a lot of other kids doing it first. We got home from the birthday party at 1:45. I insisted on a quiet time and while the kids were "napping" I cleaned the house. I decided not to go to the church picnic. It would have been too much for us. After the kids "nap" I put in a movie and finished cleaning. Once the movie was over and I was done getting the house in order, I grabbed a bag of old bread an the kids and I walked over to the fair grounds and fed the fish int he Natural resource area pond. then we walked over to another pond near by and looked for frogs and fed a duck. The kids had fun but I was tired. I had been on my feet a lot throughout the day. So we went home and Daddy was home from the church picnic. I made supper and then I gave the kids hair cuts and showered them. After the shower they watched a short video and then went to bed. Once the kids were in bed, I decided to try and go for another walk. I walked for a while but was ready to get off my feet by the time I was done. I went home and get breakfast ready for Sunday morning and got ready for bed. I slept really well that night and so did the kids. I had to get up early for Sunday because I had to be at church by 9 AM. I had breakfast ready on time and the kids and I were ready before Doug which is rare. We got to church in plenty of time. Danny was in a great mood. He actually wanted to go to Sunday school. That doesn't happen much. He usually tells us that he doesn't want to go and that he is scared. We know that there is nothing to be afraid of and he never has any real problems so we were thrilled when he wanted to go. The rest of the day was pretty normal. Today I had some work to do on the computer and I need to straighten up the house and catch up on things. Later on this week I am having about6 girls over for a sleep over. Two of them are leaving for Israel and I wanted to do something for them with their friends. I wish I could fit more girls in my apartment but as it is, it may be a little cramped. I have personal pizza crusts all made for them and they are going to bring toppings and drinks and chips. They are going to watch Jane Austen movies all night so something like that. I will enjoy being with them as I can pretend I am young again. Well, that is all my news for now. I know I talked a lot didn't I? Oh well. I would love to hear from you all! I will post some pictures from this weekend as soon as I can.

No comments: