Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Been a while.

I know, I know! It has been a while. I was really hoping to get some pictures yesterday of the kids but my lovely snowflake queen daughter threw up all over her dress. She had been coughing since Thursday but yesterday she seemed to be better. Danny decided he wanted nothing to do with school yesterday and they basically had to drag him into the classroom. I felt bad but there was no good reason for him to not want to go. He was dressed up as a train engineer again this year. I had to run to Walmart to get a new buckle for his train but then I left it at the school for him to show. When Kali and I picked him up, the teacher told me he was fine less then a minute after I left. I knew he would be but he has been acting up lately. Mostly since the time changed again.
So we went home an ate lunch and then I put Kali in her dress and we went to visit our friend Robin and then my grandparents and then Aunt Beth and Grandma Chandler. Aunt Beth and Grandma Chandler gave the kids SMARTIES and they ate them on the way home. At Grandma's house, Kali started coughing again but not too much. By the time we got home though, she was coughing harder. We got home about 2 minutes before Doug. The kids were playing Daniel's Thomas the Tank Engine game. I was sitting here next to Doug and we were talking about the days we had and what was coming for the evening. Kali came out not looking too good and still coughing. She looked at us and then started to cough. Then she gagged and threw her hands over her mouth. I grabbed a towel that happened to be close by and "caught it" but not before she got it all over her pretty new dress. This happened about 7 minutes before I had to leave. I got the dress off of her and started cleaning it. It is a "spot clean only" dress since there is some white fur trim around the wrists and neck and hem. So I did some quick spot cleaning and then covered the dress in Febreeze. I threw my uniform on and ran out the door. Thankfully I was on time for work but I was not in a great mood. Thankfully I was working with the two best workers there. The day went pretty well. After we finished serving the meal, we were cleaning up, I was clearing dishes when I head a page for me to pick up the phone. Now I was scared. Doug had called worried because there were 10 open medicine packs on the bathroom counter that he thought Daniel had gotten into and eaten them all. Thankfully I knew that wasn't true and we all breathed a sigh of relief. Poor Doug. He didn't have a very good night with the kids. When I got home, near 8 PM. The kids were still eating. The supper that I had put in the oven at 4 something Pm, took longer to cook then it was supposed to.
So , all this to say that I didn't get the pictures that I wanted to of the kids yesterday so I am going to try again today. I stopped at Walmart after work yesterday and picked up one of those Dry cleaning kits to use at home. I was able to do a pretty good job on the dress but the smell is still there. I have been periodically spraying it with Febreeze but the smell doesn't seem to be coming out. If you see Kali in a pretty white fur trimmed navy blue felt dress, don't smell her!
Hopefully there will be a few pictures sometime in the next few days.
The Reception for Ed and Tina is this Saturday here in Ohio and we are excited to see them again. Kali keeps talking about her "cousint Melanie". Yes, I know there is a T at the end of Cousin but that is how she says it. It is really sute, actually.
Well, enough time messing around here. I have a house to clean and some supper to prepare. I have to work again tonight so I want the house to be as ready as possible so the kids wont get into too much trouble and Doug can have an easier evening then yesterday.
See you all soon!

No comments: