Thursday, January 04, 2007

I am back.

(This is the latest family picture we took over Christmas in Dad's hospital bedroom. No kids were allowed except the baby)

Finally! It has been a while since I have had an update of anything other then my job and my Dad. I am glad to say the job is over and my Dad is doing well.
the kids are doing great. Doug and I have a meeting with Daniel's teachers and a few other people about transitioning to Kindergarten. Since we don't want him in Public school this should be an interesting meeting. Doug feels very strongly about this so I told him he had to come to the meeting too.
It was so cute, the other day while he and I were waiting for the school bus, he pointed up at one of the many airplanes that fly over our house and said,"Look Momma, see the air plane? How does it stay up there?" DUH....... My answer was something about going very fast and having strong engines. I then thought that it probably wouldn't be too long before he will be able to explain to me how airplanes stay in the air!
Kali has been obsessed with singing and being a princess and many little girl things. She was given dress up clothes fro Christmas along with dress-up jewelry and a crown. I have been having conversations with her about how she doesn't need all those things to be beautiful but that what makes a little girl truly beautiful is what is on the inside. I don't think I have penetrated much but it is a starting point. Last night on the way home from AWANA she had a very long conversation about her smile. Apparently she lost it and when I asked her where it was, she said that it was in the trash? I had to know how it got into the trash but she just kept going on and on about finding her smile and then losing it in t he trash again. At one point, I had apparently lost my smile and my eyes in the trash. I found the whole conversation hilarious. The things she comes up with astound me. She grows up a little more everyday. We have had a few issues with some inappropriate phrases coming out of her mouth. She usually stops and thinks about it before the whole phrase comes out of her mouth and that is very fun to watch because she stops mid phrase and looks at me and then changes her mind about what she is saying. I love watching her learn!
I spent quite a bit of time last week with at my parents and when I came back, Doug had nearly the whole place looking great! He didn't have a chance to get to our bedroom but the rest of the house looks great. I am trying my hardest to keep it that way. Since I am not working anymore, it shouldn't be too hard. (Yeah right)
Well, I have lunch to get for the kids and some straightening to do. Maybe I can get in a nap. That would be nice!

No comments: