Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I know, I know,

It has been a while again. since my last posting I have picked more strawberries and I bought some too since the price was comparable to picking them myself plus the time and gas. I have put up a ton of strawberry freezer jam and I have started working on watermelon pickles. A family favorite. Well, at least in my family. since it was hitting 90 today, I turned the air on this morning. I worked on my house all morning since it was a mess and got everything aught up, for the most part. Momma came up to visit her parents and stopped to say hi and drop of some stuff that we had left at her house and she had left a pair of shoes here. She also brought me some lunch. After lunch I cut up the water melon rind for the start of the pickles and then the kids and I headed to a friend's house who has a pool. We swam for a while and when we heard thunder and lightening we got out. It never rained but we heard it. After swimming, we went to Walmart. I called Momma and she was in Middlefield so she turned around and came back to Walmart and did a little shopping with us. We parted ways in the parking lot. I ran over to my in laws to pick up some jars to put the pickles in and then we came home. I had turned the air off before I left so it was 80 in here. I turned the air back on and I hope that we can get it down a couple degrees but it doesn't usually. It usually just keeps it at the temp. that it is.
That about catches you up.

No comments: