Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Another short update.

Doug has passed his kidney stone. We are so thankful that this ordeal is over. It lasted way to long. Doug didn't go to work today, even though he passed the stone last night. His body is still out of wack from all the pain medicine. He was also up a lot in the night and didn't get much sleep.
The kids spent Sunday night and Monday night with their Aunt Beth. I stopped last night to see them and put them to bed.
I took Doug in to the hospital at 9:30 Sunday night. It was busy so we didn't see anyone for a while. They eventually decided to admit Doug but that took a while also. He was admitted at about 4:00 AM. I got home around 5 AM and I didn't go to bed until after 6 AM. This was because I needed to call Doug's place of employment to tell them he wouldn't be in. I slept until 11 AM and then ran a few errands and went back to the hospital. We were there until 7:00 PM. Doug had two visitors from our church. That was nice. We also were able to chat with Doug's room mate and his wife. Doug has to have a follow up appointment with the doctor next Tuesday.
I have to work tonight but thankfully, I am off tomorrow. I was supposed to work tomorrow but a girl at work wanted to switch with me. I was only too happy to do so. I like to be able to take Kali to AWANA and that way no one has to pick her up and take her for me.
I am cooking again this weekend. This is only the second time I have cooked and I am scared to death to do it. I am tempted to ask for help but I don't want to ask my boss. I don't think it is fair to ask one of the other cooks to come in and help either though.
Danny went to school today and Kali went with Aunt Beth to the Pastor's and Wives fellowship at their church. There should have been at least one other little girl there so she will have a good time.
I had better be done for now. As soon as I have a good picture or two, I will post some new ones.

No comments: