Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Hello all,
Well last week was quite eventful. Kali started the week by throwing up Monday night. Tuesday was fine, all day. Wednesday morning though, I woke up sick to my stomach. I had diarrhea and I was vomiting all day. Doug came home halfway through his day with the same problem. We spent most of the day not doing much and just trying to keep the kids occupied without too much work. Sadly, the TV was used most of the day. Wednesday night, Danny came down with it. Thursday, Doug and I were fine. Wednesday night, Danny came down with it. I kept him home from school on Thursday although he seemed fine most of the day, he did throw up two more times during the day. I was supposed to head down to Mom's Thursday afternoon but with Danny being sick, I decided to wait until Friday. I took my time getting ready Friday morning to make sure Danny was fully over his sickness. It seemed to only last 24 hours. So we packed up and headed to Mom's and were there by 12:30. The kids ate on the way down. I left them with Mom and Marc and Elizabeth, who had arrived the day before, and went to the Market for lunch and a chat with Pam. I got back to Mom's around 3:30. Melody and her boys were there by that time. Doug got to Mom's after work on Friday and Joe showed up later that night after he was done with work. He had quite the adventure but that is a very long story. Ed and Tina and Melanie didn't get in to Mom's until 4 AM on Saturday morning. Ed had not gotten much sleep so he was rather grumpy. Saturday we just kind of hung out and got meals together and talked together. Saturday evening, we all went through Dad's books and marked the ones we wanted. then we packed them all up in boxes. About half of Dad's library is gone. Mom is going to put the rest of the books all on one book shelf and then let a few men go through and see if there is anything they want. Sunday morning, we made arrangements to take family pictures. Each family had their turn before church. After church, we took a group picture. Hopefully one of those will be good. After lunch Marc and Elizabeth and Ed and Tina headed back to their homes. The rest of the kids had quiet time and I took a short nap. We left the guys home with the kids and Melody and I went to church with Mom that evening. When we got home, we started to get the kids ready for bed. Doug and Joe played a game. Then DD, Joe, Doug and Mom played Scrabbled while I watched and chatted with them. We were again, in bed late. Mom woke up feeling sick to her stomach. Doug packed up the van and headed out. He also helped me load up the car, although the kids and I didn't head out right away. We had lunch together, but Mom wasn't feeling well so she layed down. the kids and I left around 2:30 or so. We made two stops. one for a bathroom for Kali and one stop at a grocery store. We were headed to Doug's sister's place for a cookout. We did stop at home and unload first though. Doug was there and he helped but drove separately again. He had borrowed his father's pressure washer to take down to Mom's and wash her porch off really good so she could paint it. Doug and Mom painted the porch Saturday morning and then when it was dry, they put the new, larger sand box on the porch. anyway, Doug had to deliver the pressure washer back to his father so he drove the van and I took the kids in the car. We had a lot of fun at Doug's sister's house. We played Bocce ball and a new game called ladder ball. then we made mountain pies, or campfire pies. i love these and it was a to of fun. The kids had fun playing with all the toys and bubbles and Frisbees and stuff. We got home before 9 PM but had to shower the kids before they could get into bed. they were filthy and we all smelled like smoke. they were in bed by 9:30 but it must not have been soon enough because Danny slept in this morning and had a bad day at school. I have been cleaning up the house and unpacking. i was able to keep the house pretty cook but the temp. just jumped int he last hour so I will probably need to open the windows to let in the breeze soon. Hotter tomorrow and the next day so I will be doing more at night like my baking and cooking and laundry in order to keep the heat down in the house. I hope you all had a great weekend!!!

No comments: